Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Outlawz Color Challenge August 1st-Monochromatic

Welcome to the Color Challenge at The Outlawz!
I sure hope that you will join us! 
For the month of August we have the fabulous sponsor Mari Digis! Our winner will get the 3 digis that our team have to play with.

It's Monochromatic week! 
While blue is shown here, you can choose whichever colour you like!


Now let me show you what I've created. I decided to go ahead and use the blue colors, as I was using the Mari Digis Mermaid. Here is my card:
I wanted to make as much of my mermaid in the blue family as possible, including her tail, hair, and eyes. I used my Prismacolors to color her and the seahorse. Now let me tell you about the background. I was experimenting (I do that a lot...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Lol). I saw a card on Pinterest with a background that reminded me of a hot glue streak once dried. So I decided to make "steams" of hot glue across the card for the streams of water. It looked a little plain to me, so I decided to go ahead and add glitter. But...since it was dry already...I heated up sections at a time and sprinkled glitter into the glue. I used that technique also for the bubbles.

I then took my Tim Holtz Ink Oxide (Broken China) and swabbed all over the card with my dauber. I also took some cheesecloth and made it into a "netting". Added some flat blue rhinestones...and it was done! It came out a lot better than I expected. I hope you like it and will try the hot glue technique!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment