Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Outlawz Color Challenge - August 29th

Hello, crafters! Today starts a new Color Challenge over at The Outlawz! For the month of August, we have the amazing Mari Digis!


Our winner will get the 3 digis that our team have to play with.
For this week's challenge, we have an Anything But a Card theme, as long as you use the colors in the inspiration, which is:

4 colours anything but a card
Colors are Burgundy, sparkly Gold, Tan and Cream

Now let me show you what I've created for this week: An Altered Spool. I had a lot of fun with this one! Here it is:
Before I was able to put any paint or paper on, I had to Gesso both the spool and the stand I was going to put it on. After that was dried, I did the painting on the spool: top, bottom, and edging. I then took another color of the "tannish" paint and painted the stand for the base. Before adhering the spool to the stand, I went ahead and decorated it with paper, lace, bead charms I made, and a rose, plus a lot of bling on the top of the spool. That shine in the picture is actually from the stones, not an edited in shine. I then adhered the spool onto the stand. The gold butterfly was actually white to begin with, but I used spray mists and colored her up (butterfly is from KPKre8tions). I hot glued the red rose onto the butterfly after I had hot glued the butterfly onto the stand. And there you have it!

I hope you join us for this week's challenge! And thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment (I read every one of them).

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw


No comments:

Post a Comment