Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Outlawz Color Challenge May 30th

Howdy, crafty pardners! It's time once again for another Color Challenge over at The Outlawz! Our sponsor for this month is the amazing Mari Digis Designs!

Here is the Photo Inspiration from one of our Design Team Members, Cara:
If you'll enlarge the inspiration photo, you'll see that the Twist is At the Seaside. I love the colors in this photo! It's so serene! Now here is my card:


I chose to do a Lighthouse for this project, because that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo inspiration. So I went searching for a Lighthouse....and came across a new digital store for me, Oak Pond Creations. I hop that this store continues on designing, as I noticed the last time they blogged was in December of last year. Thankfully, the digitals are still available to order. Yay! Keep up the good work, Oak Pond!

About the Process:
I cut out my image first, then colored it in. I then took a piece of white cardstock that would fit around the lighthouse and give me room to put a sentiment on it. I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color in the background, making circular motions and using two colors. I mounted the Lighthouse onto the newly colored paper and added the seagulls at the top and the sentiment. Then I mounted that cardstock onto the tan background and onto the white base card foundation.

After I did all that, I took Stickles and colored in various places of the lighthouse and the light illuminating from the Lighthouse. 

I hope you enjoyed this project of mine today, and that you will join in on the fun at The Outlawz! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment