Papercraft Business DT Call

Papercraft Business DT Call
DT Call

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Outlawz Color Challenge April 18th

Hello, crafters! We started a new COLOR CHALLENGE over at The Outlawz today! And I love the colors in the Tic Tac Toe photo inspiration! Here it is:
Photo Inspiration
For my project, I decided I'd do a Mixed Media canvas, using the top left to bottom right colors and embellishments: pink - lace; lavender - pearls; and green - bling. One of my very favorite things to do are Mixed Media and making Tags! Now for my project:
For my canvas, I began by spreading Gesso all over it so it would get a good primer base. At this point, I'm not sure if I'm going to paint directly on it, or use scrapbooking paper. In the end, I decided to use designer cardstock. As with any mixed media, you can start with one thing and totally end up a different way. While my paper doesn't show much, it still gave me a good base to go with. I used an acrylic stamp in various places on the canvas, then I covered it with rose stencils by Tim Holtz. I sprayed different colors of mists. For the clock, I wet embossed it using a copper color by Zing! 

The applique in the bottom right is made by KPKre8tions. The butterflies are made by Reneabouquets. These 2 ladies offer some really great product and are in my faves!!

I hope you come by and join in on our challenge this week! Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

Entered into the following challenge(s):
Mixed Media World - Anything Goes with optional twist: use watercolors - April 17th
Love to Create Challenge - Mixed Media April 16th Challenge


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! There is so much to see here! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Love all of the colors on this.. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Lisa! [Hugs!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, love the colours and all the pretty details. Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at We Love 2 Create
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete