Monday, February 27, 2017

Tsunami Rose Designs Mixed Media Canvas

Hello, crafters! Today I want to share with you another project using the Rose Notecards Printable Kit from Tsunami Rose Designs (TRD for short). This was a lot of fun for me, as I LOVE mixed media!

So let me share with you my project:




I used a white 8x10 canvas, covered it with Gesso, then started layering with my papers. The first layer is the Rose Notecards Journal Kit addons page 4, using Mod Podge to adhere. Then I took page 1 from the addons and tore the large flowers so I could place them on the top and bottom of the canvas. After that, I took stencil and used my white Ranger texture paste and spread it on different areas of the canvas and sprinkled Diamond Glass Glitter (Reneabouquets) on the paste. I used my heat gun to dry everything quickly. I took various laces and added them onto the canvas and mod podged all my elements onto the canvas. (Ephemera: set 12-page 3, set 14-pages 5, 11, and 15.)

Here's a little tip for you: When you are using digital papers or ephemera, etc., mod podge and dry it first before adhering to the surface. That way, the ink won't bleed onto your artwork. 

After placing all the digital elements (ephemera) onto the canvas, I took Glossy Accents and sprinkled Gold Microbeads into the glossy. I also got those from Reneabouquets. I used Stickles in her hair piece and on one of the perfume bottles and little purse. Once I got all those done, I added the pearl drops on the top and bottom of the canvas.

There is a process video on my YouTube channel that you can check out to get the more "in-depth" version of it! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! But before you go, please do me a favor and stop by TRD's links! 


Blessings! Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment