Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #110

Hello, fellow crafters! We have a new week of challenges that started today! And we have a great theme (LOVE the theme!)...."Favorite Things"! And you know what came to my mind? In order to get all my favorite things on there, I need to do a mixed media canvas! Yay! But first, here are our sponsors for this week:
Prize: 4 Digital Images (1 from each artist)

 Jennifer Nilsson Art  ♥︎  Mari Digis  ♥︎  Miss Daisy’s Collection ♥︎  We Are 3  

Join us at Miss Daisy Stamps Create & Share Facebook Group to meet the artists, 
share fun & inspiration, receive freebies and special deals. See you there!



Prize: 2 Digital Images

"Rick St,dennis MFA has been an artist, designer, stage designer and instructor for over 45 years, you can find his full Bio here. His digital stamp images can be found on Zibbet or Etsy . Inspiration projects from the Rick St.dennis Elite
 Design Team can be found on the Sparkle and Glitter blog, or for the darker images on the Airless Chambers blog.

Rick also has a personal blog  and on Facebook there is the Rick St.dennis Digi fans and friends group, showcase your cards and other projects using RSD images there to be eligible to win prizes."
Oddball Art Stamps
Prize: 3 Digital Images
Wow! What a great group of sponsors we have! Be sure to check out their links!

Now, onto my project. The image I chose for this project was the 1960 Coutoure Hat by Rick St. Dennis (found in his Zibbet store). I loved doing this image. So here it is:
When I started this project, I had somewhat of an idea as to what I wanted to do with her. But with Mixed Media...anything can happen! You can start one way and end up a whole new way. This time, however, for the most part, it ended up being what I intended it to be.

I started off by priming the canvas with Gesso. While that was drying, I cut and colored my image with the Prismacolors. I then set her aside and began putting layers on the canvas using tissue paper and a brown paper that had small slits in it, simply to give it some texture. I mod-podged those on. I dried that with my heat gun and then hot glued some butterflies on in the right side toward the bottom of the canvas. I got out my Gesso again and covered everything with it. After it was dried, I took red and black acrylic paints, watered them down, and splattered bits of paint all over the canvas. I took a rose trim, hot glued that around the edge of the canvas and started to add my embellishments. I made a "hat pin" for the hat and added a big "bling" to the bottom and to the right of Miss Couture, and lastly I added a beautiful black applique fan to the canvas. The applique was made by Kimberly of KPKre8tions

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you will join us in on the challenge this week!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

4 comments:

  1. Jeanie your card is a work of art. All the various elements contribute to your glamorous creation. Crafting in its finest form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work as always thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete