Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Outlawz Color Challenge - October 11th

Hi, crafters!! Here we are with another Color Challenge week over at the Outlawz! I love color challenges! They help me to "step out of my comfort zone". By doing that, I learn new techniques! And this month, our sponsor is Mari Digis Store!
Some adorable images, too! But before I go on to my card, let me show you the inspiration picture: 
Now these are some great Fall colors, don't you think? So here is my card project:

As you can see, I didn't use a lot of black....although I thought I did until I finished it and realized it. But, there is black in it, so that's good. I started by using an SVG window pattern, and colored the "bricks" around the window, then cut it out. I decorated around the window with flat iridescent pearl trim, added my first part of my sentiment, then flanked the window "ledge" with flowers. I also added a couple of small roses on either side of the sentiment. A dotted ribbon was placed onto the left side of the card. Now, because I wanted the window to look more realistic, I used acetate on the inside to give it a "glass". I then added (on the inside), a lace curtain and edging. With my digital, colored with Prismacolors, I put a "rug" underneath her. The twist...add an animal...are her doggie slippers and kitty pillow. I used a rusty printed paper underneath her to act as a wallpaper background. I added a ribbon border at the top and then put in the rest of my sentiment. So the full sentiment reads "Let's Stay in and Get Cozy". She looks cozy, don't you think?

Thank you so much for stopping by! I truly appreciate each and everyone who comes by! And come join us for the new challenge! I love seeing all the talent out there "come to life" with new projects!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment