Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #92

Hello, crafters! It's time for another challenge over at Crafty Gals Corner! This week the challenge is Die Cuts/Punches!

Our sponsor this week is:
Morgan's ArtWorld
Prize: 3 Digital Images

So for this week, I've chosen to do a mixed media project with the digital image Rowan. She's a beauty! I really enjoyed coloring her. Now, as most of you know, I'm not into Gothic or scary, or spooky, so I was trying to figure out how to do her in just the right colors. I didn't want her to appear dark, hence that's why I used the brighter reds, greens, and purples. Here is my finished project:
I've enlarged her so you can see her better. In hindsight, I wish I had put her into the bottom left corner, but...I'm still pleased with the way she turned out. 

I started out by cutting out a chipboard of medium weight, then I took purple cardstock that's in the BASIS paper pack from Paper Temptress, and cut it to the size of the chipboard. I then took 2 different stencils and used my texture paste on them. I sprayed the whole sheet with pearl mist, let that dry, and then sprayed a little green on the floral sections. I had made some homemade mist, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. As it turned out, it was exactly the right colors.

While I let that completely dry, I took my Prismacolors and proceeded to color my image. Once done, I placed her on the upper left corner. Let me back up a bit: I layered 2 pieces of lace in the middle before I placed her down. Ithen used my Silhouette to cut out a flower with leaves, and then my Big Shot for a leafy vine going down from the flower on the top, down toward the bottom. Oh, yes, I had also used my Silhouette to cut out my image.

I added butterflies from Reneabouquets. She hand makes these, so these are a die cut, too. Aren't they gorgeous?? And they matched perfectly! I then added lace and pearls to the bottom of the project, some pearls around in various places, then added some rhinestones and flowers. 

I hope you like it! And stop by the Crafty Gals! We want to see your creations!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw


No comments:

Post a Comment