Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Crafty Gals Corner #93-CASE it!

Hi, crafty peeps! I can't believe we're into October challenges for this year already! Didn't this year just begin?? Well, be as it may, we're ready for this week's challenge for you! And this week the challenge is CASE It!

What does that mean? It means find a project you like and let it inspire you to create one similar to it! I had never done a challenge like this one before, so it was quite fun to do something different! Now on to our sponsors for this week:
KennyK-Stamps-BADGE-IRockWITH-aqua
Prize: 3 digital images
Digi and clear stamps from KennyK are a fun and edgy way to add the perfect dose of attitude and style to all of your creations! KennyK is a NYC-born professional illustrator who has brought his funky-but-slick, urban-influenced look to the cardmaking and papercrafts world.  His signature style can be seen throughout his various collections of sexy pinup babes, sweet 'n sassy girls, cool rockin' dudes, kid’s stuff, retro characters and more at KennyKDownloads.com.


Miss Daisy Stamps
Prize: THREE WINNERS

1 - Grand Prize of 3 digital images
1 - prize of 1 digital image
1- prize of 1 digital image

These are some great prizes, aren't they? Now onto my card. First, I want to show you the Inspirational card. I tried contacting her, but my email came back. I want to be sure to give full credit though, so I've linked her up here on my blog. 

This card was created by Pat K. Isn't it adorable? Great job, Pat! And thank you for your inspiration! Now on to my card: 
Autumn Blessings by Miss Daisy Stamps

Now, I realize that I can't get it exactly like Pat's, but I wanted to at least get the same "feel" of the card. And I think I achieved that by using the same type of elements in the card. I embossed the top left corner of the card and did some stamping on the card. I also used the digital paper "Just Autumn" from Miss Daisy Stamps digital paper line. That's the paper in the oval frame. I used distress ink around the oval frame. I cut out leaves using my Silhouette, added the corded ribbon, and I was done. I didn't use my Silhouette to color my image, however. I went back to using my Prismacolors. I was happy with the way the colors turned out. I wanted my fairy to be a blonde. :-)  

Come join us! We always love seeing what you create! 

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw


No comments:

Post a Comment