Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Outlawz Color Challenge - September 20th

Hello, crafty peeps! We started a new C O L O R Challenge over at the Outlawz! I sure hope you join along with us! We have an awesome prize in store for our winners...a year's subscription for the online magazine Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD) are sponsoring us this month!

Now let me show you inspiration for this week's challenge:


So what do you see in this picture? I see a lot of round objects and lots of colors. With that in mind, I went with lots of circles and of course a variety of colors. Here's my project:

See the center circle with the pearls around it? I used a circle stencil and colored it with Prima Water Soluble Oil Pastels. I rubbed each of the colors onto my glass mat, added water, and used a sponge to get into the circles there. After it dried, I cut it out with a circle template. I had some Creative Memories paper that had circles on it, so I made that as the base front for my card. I cut out 2 sentiments with my circle punch, added 3 pearls at the top and bottom, added a flower that had a circular look to it, and I added round pearls around the perimeter of the stenciled paper.

I enjoyed working with the oil pastels. Truly fun! I hope you can join us over at the Outlawz Color Challenge! 

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment