Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Crafty Gals Corner Challenges #84

We have begun a new challenge today! This week the challenge over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges is a Bingo Challenge #3! So what does that mean? It means you take 3 items, one of which includes the middle square (Hand Colored Digi), and go vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. For instance, I went from top left to bottom right, which made my items some flowers, a digi, and some pearls. My image was the Chastity Steampunk from Scrapper's Delight. I'm more of a shabby chic kind of gal, but I did have fun "getting outside of my box", without getting out of my "crafty zone". I had fun creating the background...I love mixed media anyway! Below you'll see our Bingo Challenge, and also our sponsor with link.




Our sponsor this week is:
Prize: 3 Digital Images

Now it's time for me to show you what I did, and I do hope you enjoy it! Here it is:

Here is a close-up:

I wanted to show you the close up so you'll see some of the textured background a little better. I used chipboard, covered it with Gesso, then used Tim Holts flowers and burlap stencils. Before I put on the embellishments, I brushed Gesso on them. Then I hot glued them onto the tag before I placed my image on it. I sprayed various colors (greens, reds, purple) of mists onto them, most of which were homemade. I was gifted some Ranger Perfect Pearls Bronze by someone, so I figured they'd be "perfect" for this tag! (*wink*) Everything, including the pearls, were bronzed. The only thing I didn't do with the pearls was to spray them with the mists. These were actually gray pearls I covered with the bronze. 

My loop for hanging the tag was made from a pink rose/pearl ribbon. I just used some black Glimmer Mist on both sides and let it dry. I was afraid it wouldn't work right, but it came out great! 

I hope you join us this week over at Crafty Gals Corner! Let's see what you created!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw




No comments:

Post a Comment