Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge!

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #76!
We have a new challenge here at Crafty Gals Corner! 
This week the challenge is SUMMER FUN!

Our sponsors this week are:
Prize: 4 Digital Images


The East Wind
Prize: 3 Digital Images
The artist behind The East Wind digital images is known as Unky LaStrange. Unky makes her home in British Columbia, Canada with her wonderful daughter, Aurora, the love of her life and source of much inspiration. She has been creating art since she was a child always allowing it to reflect her interests, humour, and love of all that is quirky. Her unique images run the gamut from the darkly humourous and sometimes creepy through the world of fashion-forward Lucy Loo to the sweet Aurora and Baby Aurora where life and people are good and beautiful. There are images to suit every taste, occasion, or whim at The East Wind (https://www.etsy.com/shop/theeastwind/)

For my project this week, I chose to use the Day at the Park image from Sassy Designs Studios. She is adorable! Instead of making a card, I decided to make a tag with her instead. Here she is:


I wanted to make a mixed media tag, so after I colored her with my Prismacolors, I measured her height and width, and cut out a white piece of paper a little bigger than her. I used my Prima water soluble pastels in the background. Once that was dry, I wanted to add a texture to that paper, so I used my Liquitex Glass Beads all over it. I didn't have to do it all over, but I was experimenting....what can I say? ;-)  I placed my image on top of that before it dried so it would adhere onto the paper. Once it was dried, it almost felt leathery. It was pretty awesome!

I made all the roses up there, along with the buds out of paper I had in my stash. The bicycle was orange, but I used my Stampendous Shabby White embossing enamel on it to change the color. I got that at the Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique (Facebook page). I cut out a pink piece of paper to place it onto the chipboard I was using as the foundation of the tag (the same pink as the roses). I adhered it to the chipboard, then adhered the image piece on top of that. I hot glued lace from the Lighthouse stop n' shop Facebook page, added some rhinestone swirls (hard to see because of the glass beads), leaves to the flowers, pearl drop beads, and pink trim on top of the pearls and as a handle. I was gifted the pink trim. 

She took me a while to do, since I was making all the flowers myself, but she was well worth it. She's a lot prettier in person! 

I hope you come join us this week at Crafty Gals Corner!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

I have entered this project into the following challenge(s):
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Retarte - Anything Goes


4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful tag.The background looks fabulous and embellished so prettily.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely tag. Great dimension
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenges.
    Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely image that does make a great tag. Great to see mixed media working so beautifully. Thank you for joining in with our 'Summer Challenge at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete