Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Outlawz Color Challenge

Outlawz Color Challenge - Week of May 31st
Hello, everyone! It's time to bring you another challenge at the Outlawz Challenge Blog! Here is this week's Photo Inspiration chosen by Ina:
The Twist on this inspiration is to Add Layers. I chose the Heel Accessories from Bugaboo. Below is my finished project: A Handbag Card. I got this from YouTube following this tutorial (link here). I wanted to do something a little different than just a card. And with this specific digital, I thought what better project than making a handbag with it as the center of attention?? ;-)  

Here it is:

Rather than explain to you how I did it, please follow the link above, as I don't want to take credit for this idea. But I will tell you that I made my "flap" a different shape. And, if I saw it correctly, I don't believe that this tutorial had it where you can open up the card, so I thought it would be fun to let it be one that can open. The inside has the sentiment with a larger copy of the digital on the flap. I added a lot of bling, a pearl/rhinestone "button", and orange floral pearl ribbon as my layers for this project. The flap is also another layer. With the card opening, that gave it another layer. 

I really had a lot of fun with this one. (It seems I always say that, but it's so true! I love art!) I hope you join us for this week's challenge! Be sure to post it to the Outlawz Facebook page, too!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw



No comments:

Post a Comment