Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #73!

This week the challenge is Anything Goes!
Our sponsors this week are:

Bugaboo Stamps
Prize: 7 Digital Images

Di's Digi's
Prize: $12 Gift Certificate 

This week I chose to do the Butterfly Globe from Bugaboostamps. I worked hard on this one, as I had never done one like this. I printed out the globe onto a piece of acetate, so it could look like a glass globe. The acetate piece was only placed on the globe, not the stand. Here is my project:


I colored my image, put stickles (crystal) on the butterflies and flakes, and Glossy Accents on the bubbles inside. I also lined the stand with a gold "diamond" strand. I put some more glossy on the stand and sprinkled Diamond Glass Glitter (from Reneabouquets). I lined the left side with an "off-color" ribbon and covered it with some lace to mute the color, and then edged the lace with flat-backed pearls. Pearls were also added on the bottom left and right sides. To make it more dimensional, I cut out another butterfly, colored it, put stickles on it, and adhered it to the other "look-alike" butterfly. I wasn't sure about doing it, but once I got it on then, I was happy with the result.

Please be sure to join us for this week's challenge! You could be a winner of a prize!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw




No comments:

Post a Comment