Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #61.....It's All About the Boys!
So, for me this can be a real challenge, since I usually do the girly stuff! It just happened to be right on time for my nephews birthday! So instead of making another card, I decided to make a money holder and put some birthday money inside. 
Our sponsors this week are:

Prize: 7 Digital Images
Prize: 3 Digital Images

Here is what I used:

Lil Dude Guitar by Bugaboo Stamps

This was actually a lot of fun, and different than what I normally do. My nephew had a birthday today, and while I have birthday cards, I wanted to make his. So I started out with the image, then colored it in with my Prima water soluble oil pastels (new item for me!). I wanted to put him on a white mat, but with a little pizzazz....so I stamped musical bars onto Cryogen White Iridescent paper with Versamark and heat embossed Copper embossing powder onto it. I used Kraft paper from Paper Temptress for the actual money holder, which is cranberry on one side and kraft on the other. Here is the video link to the tutorial on how to make this (It was a Christmas money holder, but I turned it around to fit my need.)  The paper is reversible, which made it perfect for this card. I decided to try spraying the back of my Lil Dude image with spray glue so the whole piece would be adhered to the cover of the holder, and placed him onto the envelope. 

I decided I would add various stickers onto the card, because I thought that would make it look more boyish than other embellishments. :-)

I hope you enjoyed this project! Please come join us for some fun with other great crafters!
Blessings, Jeanie - Scrapbookingmamaw


No comments:

Post a Comment