Monday, February 15, 2016

Mixed Media Project


My favorite thing to do, apparently, is mixed media or mixed media tags. I love how a thought comes to mind, and then re-creating it onto a canvas of some kind. Sometimes I use art canvas, sometimes wood, sometimes chipboard...whatever comes to me at the time! I always start by prepping the surface with Gesso so whatever I put on can adhere properly. The I either start stenciling, or adding colors. It always depends on what I plan on doing. With this piece, I started stenciled first, then added layers of colors. This time, I used a lot of the Glimmer Mist sprays, and also some Prima. For the heart, I traced an outline so I could follow it when I layered my ruffled lace onto it. Then I began adding all the embellishments and lastly, the sentiment. 

The challenge was for Reneabouquets, so most of the items...and of course the butterflies!....came from her shop.

Try your hand at it, if you haven't! Feel free to post your picture here on my blog! I'd love to see them!

Blessings,
Jeanie - Scrapbookingmamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment