Wednesday, September 23, 2015

CHALLENGE #38! This week the challenge is Sparkle & Glitter!
And I LOVE sparkle and glitter! :-D 

Our sponsors this week are:

Stamp & Create

Prize: $20 gift certificate 

AND

Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet

Prize: $10 gift certificate 


Here is my project for this week's challenge:

This took a little work to do, but it was all worth it in the end. I first used metallic rub paints on the background. While that was drying, I proceeded to color the church and tree, etc. I used my Prima watercolor pencils on them, With the church windows, I used my Shimmerz paints. Before I place it onto my mat board, I used Liquitex Glass Beads to spread around the area where the church would be and sprinkled Glass Glitter and turquoise Finnabair Glass Beads onto it so they would dry into the Liquitex. After everything was dry, I placed my the scene onto the board, and used Ranger Texture paste as the snow, so it would be built up. I sprinkled fine glitter onto the snow. You'll see I did that with the tree and the church roof and windows, too. I used Swarvski rhinestones onto the tree and trimmed the edge of the board with LED lights and lace. To put the lights on, I used my Scor-tape around the edge and stuck it on there, and put Scor-tape onto the lace to make it a ribbon around the edge also. The large snowflake was embossed with Ranger snowflake powder. I was pleased with the way it turned out. The picture really doesn't do it justice! (I don't normally say that about one of my "creations", but I must say, it came out as I envisioned it. Yay!) 

I hope you enjoyed it! And be sure to go to Crafty Gals Corner Challenges to enter your project! BUT HAVE FUN!!
Blessings, Jeanie

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic texture on there - it's wonderful :-)
    Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Best wishes,

    IKE x

    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Jeanie. It was worth all the extra work and time it took to make it. It's such a beautiful and serene winter scene. I love it!
    Hugs,
    Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete