Wednesday, July 15, 2015



It's that time again! Time for what? A new challenge! This week the challenge is Christmas in July and our sponsor is Kenny K! I love seeing all the entries at Crafty Gals Corner! I hope you can join us! Below is my inspiration for this week's challenge.

Our sponsor this week is:

Prize: 3 Digital Images

City Star Christmas

I really had fun with her, especially because I LOVE Christmas (mainly because of the reason for it but also because I love making Christmas crafts!). I was going to use the traditional colors of Christmas, but decided that she looked more like a "pink lady"...all girly. So I used my Prima watercolor pencils and some Prismacolor pencils and colored her in all pink. I don't know if you can see it, but after I colored the "snow" in the back, I added Glass Glitter from ReneaBouquets through her Etsy store. 

I then cut out my base tag made from chipboard. I colored it with Inklingz Shimmering Watercolors I bought through the ScrapbookingwithMe Boutique Facebook page. Then I added the doily (Trimcraft Sweet Paris Paper line, boutique) and the canvas band onto it after the colors had dried. To keep the layers going, I also colored the canvas stocking and heat dried it, then adhered it to the top. I mounted her (I call her Holly Molly *wink*) with foam tape. Oh, I also added pink glitter glass to her stocking cap. 

The snow flakes are from American Crafts POW Glitter Paper I also bought from the boutique, along with the bow. Everything else I already had in my stash, including the tree. The tree was actually a button I had bought in a pack from Hobby Lobby. I just cut the "loop" from the back of it so it would lay flat. Once that was done, I attached the ribbon around the perimeter of the tag, then added more of the glitter paper onto the back to hide all that "messy work". ;-)  

I hope you enjoyed my project! And I hope that you can join us at the Crafty Gals Corner blog and create your own "Christmas in July" project! I can't wait to see all the projects! 


No comments:

Post a Comment