Wednesday, July 8, 2015


Hello, my crafty friends! It's time for this week's challenge! Be sure to go to http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com/ to see last week's winners! All the rules for challenges can be found there. 

This week the challenge is Under the Sea - This can be any project that features the sea or tropical/beach images. Be sure to check out all the designer's projects for this week for inspiration! And if you haven't subscribed to us, please do so today!

Have Fun with it! I know I did!

Our sponsor this week is:



Prize: $20 Gift Certificate 


For my card, I chose the Mirima image from Sweet Peas. I just love this image! There's so many ways to incorporate this image into anything! For my card, I started out with an 8x12, and folded in half to make it an 8x6". After I had colored in my image and cut it out, I used it as my measurement to cut out the window in the front of the card. I then got my plastic insert (used from leftover packaging! Why not, right?). I used a fish punch and adhered fish on both sides of the plastic. I then layered over that plastic with another piece of plastic to give it more of a "watery" look. I also added a smaller piece of plastic on the inside to make a "pocket" so I could place "jewels" inside to make it a shaker card. I trimmed the outside window with both ribbon and pearls, then burlap for the "netting". Inside the card, I trimmed more ribbon with pearls around the edge of the inside window. I foam mounted my image and then decorated with enamel dots and the cut out fish.
I hope you enjoyed this! Thanks for stopping by!




Sweet Peas Stamp - Mirima
Jeanie




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORED your peekaboo mermaid card. It's stunning in every way and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, Becca! I really had a lot of fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete